Not every hair extension brand or attachment method is meant for every hair type or skill level. You may be wondering if tape in hair extensions are right for you. Before deciding on tape in hair extensions, here are a few Pros and Cons to consider:
The cost for tape in hair extensions can vary depending on the brand, type of hair, Stylist’s application fee and the number of boxes or panels of hair, but in general, they range from $100 – $2,000.
- Tape in hair extensions are the safest method of hair extensions available. The panels are lightweight and thin and also cover a larger area than other methods like Strand by Strand. When applied and removed correctly they cause no damage to the hair.
- Tape in hair extensions have the fastest application time. Volume applications take 10 – 30 minutes and Length applications take 40 – 60 minutes.
- Tape in hair extensions are reusable. The hair can be worn for up to 6 – 8 weeks per application, which is convenient because this is when most women would return to their salon for a cut or color service.
- Tape in extensions are the most natural looking and comfortable hair extension method available.
- Tape in extensions are one of the easiest methods for hairstylists to learn, and there are no heat tools or special equipment required for an application, just comb, and place.
- You can’t wash your hair or excessively sweat for 24 – 48 hours after application because the bond needs time to cure and adhere properly to the hair.
- You will need to use a shampoo and styling products that are free of silicone of any oils because they could cause the panels to slip.
- Certain brands use tape that can become very tacky and leave a sticky residue during application.
Taking into account your budget and the pros and cons for a particular method is an important first step om deciding if a hair extension method is right for you. You should always have professional hair extensions applied by a licensed cosmetologist who is certified by the manufacturer in the method you choose. If you currently wear tape in hair extensions or if you are a stylist who offers tape in hair extensions we would love to hear from you, be sure to leave a review on our brand page.